Monday, June 2, 2008

These are a few of my favorite "Heavy Timber" Things.....

(To be sung to the infamous tune from The Sound of Music, of course)
Ready?

Sawdust on T-shirts and Splinters in waiting,
Break room discussions on who we are dating,
Boxers with drool bubbles and Poodles that bark,

Applying the stain color...oh NO...it's too dark.....

Truckloads of Timbers and projects with deadlines,
Demanding contractors and approximate lead times,
Watching the shop boys at the lunchtime baseball games.....


When the Saw breaks,
When the truck's late,
When I'm feeling SAD...
I simply remember my FAVORITE things,
and then I don't feel so bad.

Writing Proposals that are due in 5 minutes,
Keeping commercial projects inside budgetary limits,
Floor plans and blueprints that have no clear details,
Sending out samples and returning e-mails......

Picking up telephones that never stop ringing,
The smell of the Minwax and Dan's Cherubic singing,
Residential projects and barns of Red Oak,
Pellet stoves that back up and fill the office with smoke.....

When the check's late,
When the plotter's down,
when the Bosses are Mad......
I simply remember my FAVORITE things.....
and then I don't Feeeeeelllllll Sooooooooo Baaaaadddddd!

1 comments:

Sandy said...

This, I believe, is your finest blog todate!